Just Announced: FREE Future Ready Schools Institutes
As many readers of my blog know, I serve as the Director of Innovation for Future Ready Schools®, a project of the Alliance for Excellent Education, located in Washington, D.C. So, today, I'm excited to share that we have officially released our 2017 Regional Institute dates and locations! What's great about these events?
- They are completely free for school leaders. No catch.
- This year, we are adding specific strands for Principals, Librarians, IT, Coaches/Lead Teachers, and of course, District Level Admin.
- The 2017 events build upon the first two phases of FRS, which saw almost 4,000 school leaders, from over 800 school district teams come to network, connect, learn, problem solve, and grow together.
- All of the Future Ready events are facilitated by those with vast experience in the K-12 system and this year's events will be additionally guided by the support of 10 "Future Ready Advisors," who are some of the nation's leading practitioners, and have joined our FRS Leadership Team.
Yet again this year, I will be personally supporting and working with the district level strand, help Superintendents, Assistant Superintendents, Curriculum Directors, and leadership teams create cultures of innovation in their schools so that we can redefine the student learning experience into one that is personal and authentic. Together, we can do this!Check out some of the information from FRS and how YOU can get involved, here:Future Ready Schools® (FRS) has announced a series of eight free regional events to support educators who are planning to implement personalizing learning strategies for their students. Building upon the success of the popular FRS Summits and Workshops the FRS Institutes broadens the audience and are designed to help to build a regional network with like-minded colleagues where district and school leaders can work together in real time, get feedback, and find support they need to take the next steps in the Future Ready journey.Registration options have been expanded to include district leadership teams, and individual principals, teachers, IT directors and librarians. FRS is working with an advisory board of leading educational experts to create a research-based, two-day agenda that is action packed with personalized professional learning that models high-quality professional development practices lead by expert facilitators.Same as in past years, the 2017 FRS institutes are FREE with limited space available. Dates and locations are as follows:
- July 13-14: Denver, CO
- July 20-21: Albany, NY
- August 3-4: Palm Springs, CA
- September 25-26: Indianapolis, IN
- October 11-12: Philadelphia, PA
- October 26-27: New Orleans, LA
- November 14-15: Sacramento, CA
- November 29-30: Detroit, MI
For more info and to register for a free FRS Institute in your region, visit: www.futureready.org/institutes.
All for the kids we serve,Director of Innovation, Future Ready Schools